In this episode, Dr. Andrew Lipton and Mary Ann discusses the effects of medical marijuana and how it can help various diseases, from chronic pain to seizure disorders.
- Difference between hemp and medical marijuana
- Information on industrial hemp
- The endocannabinoid system
- CBD receptors in the body
- Psychotic effects of THC
- Finding the right TCH to CBD ratio
- Minimum lethal dosage of THC and CBD
- How to take CBD
- CBD and sleep
- CBD and chronic pain
- CBD and seizures
- Medicare coverage for CBD treatment
And many more! Make sure you listen to the entire episode.
- [0:00:23.3] Difference between hemp and medical marijuana
- [0:01:56.3] A note on CBD products
- [0:07:54.7] The difference between marijuana and industrial hemp
- [0:11:10.4] About CBD
- [0:12:40.3] Getting to know our body’s own CBD receptors, the endocannabinoid system
- [0:14:39.0] About the legal use of medical marijuana
- [0:17:04.6] Who can take medical marijuana?
- [0:19:32.0] The downsides of THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol)
- [0:20:37.9] Comparing THC and CBD
- [0:21:25.4] The effects of combined THC and CBD
- [0:22:34.3] How to use CBD, recommended dosage
- [0:25:24.0] Using CBD for emergency situations such as seizures
- [0:26:19.9] Minimum lethal dose of CBD
- [0:27:00.2] More information about the CBD receptors
- [0:27:55.4] CBD effect on sleep patterns
- [0:29:06.9] Is medical CBD covered by Medicare?
- [0:29:31.1] Can CBD be taken with other medications?
- [0:30:18.5] If CBD doesn’t work for seizures, is it safe to take a small dose of THC instead?
- [0:32:04.5] Minimum lethal dose of THC
- [0:33:08.3] For chronic pain, how long should they take CBD/THC before they lower their opioid doses?
Background music from https://www.bensound.com/.