by Dr. Andrew Lipton
Narberth Family Medicine
Take My Disease Risk Reduction Quiz
Take this quick quiz to see how you are doing in reducing your risk for disease:
Four Areas to Improve Your Health
Lets define these 4 areas more.
- Smoking is the single largest cause of cancer, stroke and heart disease. I commend CVS for recently eliminating tobacco from it’s shelves (a costly commitment).
- Eating well is a subjective answer. Answering yes implies the intent of eating well, but the definition would simply be a diet that includes good portions of daily fresh fruit, veggies and whole grains.
- The simple addition of self-reported exercise (does not matter what type or how long) decreases the likelihood of all disease and most importantly infections. In fact, over exercising is a source of oxidative stress and injury.
- Ideal weight is different for every person and depends on many factors including; sex, race and body frame. Perception of weight control is associated with an overall decreased risk of all disease.
- Disease is the CAUSE of illness
- Lifestyle is the CAUSE of disease
- BE AT CAUSE OF YOUR WELLNESS
For more advice on how you can reduce your risk for disease, schedule an appointment with me. I can help you develop a nutrition plan that will improve your health and decrease your risk for illness.
Dr. Lipton has taken advanced training in OMT and is Board certified by the American Osteopathic Board of NeuroMusculoSkeletal Medicine.
Dr. Lipton completed his residency in Family Medicine at Suburban General Hospital, Norristown, Pennsylvania and is Board Certified in Family Medicine. Dr. Lipton was trained in Chelation Therapy by the American College for Advancement in Medicine, a group of physicians dedicated to being open to new alternatives in medicine. Dr. Lipton is also Board certified by the American Board of Chelation Therapy.